Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Gladys.
Gladys who?
Gladys Thanksgiving. Aren't you?

Many Happy Thanksgivings, everyone. Now, in saying that, I have to a second out of furious grocery shopping/baking/cooking/cleaning extravaganza to say what I am thankful for.

It may be cliche that I am thankful for my parents but I am completely sincere when I say that I am. If it wasn't for my parents I have no idea where my children and I would be. Mom and Dad have bent over backwards to help us; making meals when I had my surgery, watching my kids while I recovered, taking them to school, to church, to the park , etc. There are too many things to list that I am grateful to them for. Just last night Mom and I stood in the kitchen chatting about movies, people, christmas presents, etc. until 1:30 in the morning. It's not surprising really. Mom has become one of my closest and dearest friends. And Dad and I get along better than we have in years. Grateful.

I am thankful for my faraway friends, all who sent their love and faith from afar while P & J and I were settling here in Ohio. Their words of encouragement have meant more to me than any other time before. I needed my friends and my family (be they related or no longer related) and they've had my back ever since I took a fateful leap and came back home.

(I am thankful for a certain awesome man from the North who makes frequent trips down here to see me and the kids. He is a rock of goodness, kindness and strength that I have not seen in many other men. One of the smartest guys I know, and funniest, he is the sweetest man. Period. He loves my kids and me and wants to be here with us and for us. I don't think I can ask for much better... I don't think 'better' exists. I love you D)

My kids. My kids are the funniest kids I know. Their sense of humor can range from dry and witty to silly and weird. P is an artist/dancer/singer/current archeologist while J is a builder/mechanic/astronaut/mummy-finder. They are my light in the dark, and they can pull me out of a bad mood just by being themselves. They both help me through the pain, they comfort me in ways I didn't know they could. And they love snuggles, movie-night and sleepovers in the living room. In short, P & J are the greatest gift (aside from the Heavens above) to me. I hope they grow up knowing that.

Love and Cranberry Sauce,
M

No comments: