Sunday, November 10, 2013

New Things and Such

Well, I said pics up by Sunday--I just didn't let on which Sunday that would be. Today is the day. New Things and I am excited.

Theme change! Thanksgiving nostalgia coats the blog for the month! I wanted the header to be a little different so I snagged a vintage Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade picture featuring the Pink Panther. I'm a little in love with it! I could only imagine how cool it must be to be living in Manhattan and watching the floats go by as a kid.

I've been working on some graphic design goodness; my art show in December is looming before me and I'm getting my graphic savvy on. They're fun and odd and ... I really am a sort of warped mind. I feel like I am really putting myself out there for display, not only with designs but with my paints as well. The nerves are starting to get to me but pushing it down and shoving on is basically what must be done.

It's just a matter of time before there's more.

Is anyone going to go see Thor 2? My beloved mom and I are going... there will be chocolate bars involved while looking at Chris Hemsworth, not to mention my not-so-secret love for Tom Hiddleston. He's adorbs. Because of the first movie I actually got into reading the comics! I actually wish the writers of the film would incorporate more Old English, (you know, with the Thee's and Thou's thing going on.) or at least a larger fusion of old-speak. A moderate attempt, I believe, was giving for the first movie with Odin's character ("In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!").

'You think me strange?'
-M

No comments: