Thursday, June 6, 2013

Seasides, Sunburns and Saucy Ladies

Greetings from glorious Outer Banks, NC. I have decided that when we hit it big, I will be buying a house down here.

Two happy kids right there.

What is it about the ocean? The rhythm of the sea has put my children to sleep for a full 8 hours of rest. I slept through the night for the first time since my son was born(and he's 4). Jack has slept through the night since Monday, which I personally consider something short of miraculous and am thanking the Heavens for the respite.

The hilarious thing about the ocean was when my boyfriend and I went swimming. We were trading verbal jabs with each other (as we are wont to do) and every time he would say something sarcastic a wave would hit him square in the stomach, throwing him completely off and landing his butt in the cold water. I joked that the Ocean 'loves whom she loves' and was punishing him for the insults. The red streaks from where the waves were hitting him are solid proof that I'm the Seas favorite.

I've collected a multitude of clam, oyster and seashells for the jewelry phase of the business. I've already gotten started with Dave's sister, Rina!

It's a gorgeous grey oyster shell with green acrylic beads! How cute is that?

While out and about hunting for souveniers, I saw a bunch of tents off the side of the road, and being the curious bunch that we are, we inspected and found an Art Fair! Yay! Handmade! Organic! Art-things!
**Pics to come later.

When I purchased my bathing suit, I really, really wanted to walk out looking like this:

what happened, since I think my son mistakenly took out my bathing suit from my suitcase, is I look more like this:

ooooooooh yeah, trashtastic. (BTW, no, this is not me. Thank teh interwebs)

Home Sunday-ish. Tropical Storm Andrea is coming up around the bend and it might get dicey through these here parts. I'll let ya know. "'pon my word and hon'r." (thanks ganny-maw)

No comments: